poniedziałek, 26 września 2011

My kind of gang

Few words about my choice of army.
As you probably noticed I've decided to collect mobile type of ork army. There are few reasons.
First of all is that I play WH4oK for fun. I don't play tournaments.
From time to time I just meet with my friends and play battles having good time. That's why wining is not my primary objective (that doesn't mean that I don't like wining, but I like to play interesting battles).
I have seen deadly devastating armies of horde of orks with 4-6 units of 30 orks. I think those kind of armies are awesome, and they look great on the tabletop. But they have minus that reduces fun of the game: it takes really long time to deploy and move such a huge army, there is no sublime tactic for horde, you just run forward roaring Waaagh!!!
Don't get me wrong I think horde is great for tournament, you've got powerful, deadly killing machine to crush, kill and destroy your enemy ( so orky). But during the game I like to think at least a little bit. I like to maneuver with my army and attack in the right place.
Horde kind of army has another minus, it is really
plunge and boring to assemble and paint 200 orks on foot. I've painted 20 of my sluga boyz and 20 of my shoota boyz and after that I was sick and tired of ork boyz. I like painting orks, I enjoy this, but 200 is just too much.
Ork army is great because it allows you to build different sets of army. You can choose horde, mek army (with killa kans and deff dreads) or fast army (like mine).
I've decided that I like to have possibility of changing plans during the battle, that's why I choose Kult of speed army with battle wagons, biker nobz, biker boyz and deffkoptas. Maybe in the future I will be able to collect different kind of armies - maybe mek army or even horde but for now it's kult of speed.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz